Hi all, my name is Hoye Lam, you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram.
Aiming to help as many people as possible through technology and solving real problems.
- 6+ years of experience in professional software engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in iOS development.
- 1+ years of experience in leading/managing teams and projects
- 1+ years of experience in back-end development.
- 1+ years of experience in Android development.
- Strong experience in software architecture and development lifecycle.
- Experience in industries: Sleep Tech, Healthcare, Education, Catering
- Apple WWDC 2019 Attendant
- 2022 (December) - iOS Engineer @DeepL
- 2021 - Launched Think Drop 2 💭
- 2021 - Launched Devleads [discontinued]
- 2020 - Launched Growrilla 🦍
- 2020 - Started personal blog
- 2020 - Launched Kowa 🐷
- 2020 - Software Lead and Developer for Somnox B.V.
- 2020 - Started new company Kin-Yee
- 2019 - Launched Think Drop 🤔
- 2019 - Project Lead and Software Developer for Somnox B.V.
- 2018 - Launched Esports Calendar 📆 [discontinued]
- 2018 - Started working at Somnox B.V. World's first Sleep Robot as Software Developer 🛌
- 2018 - Graduated from Bachelor Major Computer Science University of Rotterdam 👨🎓
- 2017 - Started writing thesis: Research and development on third-party services integration within mobile and microservices.
- 2016 - Acquiring freelance jobs (part-time)
- 2016 - Started company Startup Story (discontinued)
- 2015 - Started Mobile Development as Intern and part-time developer
- 2013 - Started Major Computer Science
- 2013 - Graduated from Highschool Economics and Society
- Can speak Dutch, English, Cantonese, and some Mandarin
- Like esports primarily CS:GO and League of Legends
- Like to listen to music, especially Hip-Hop
- Primarily lived in the Netherlands but also Hong Kong
- Traveled to the U.S., China (Shenzhen), Hong Kong, Korea, Thailand, Malaysia, Iceland, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Germany, U.K., Spain, and Italy
- Performed in seven different Chinese New Year events during 2019 and 2020 for lion- and dragon dances
- Started learning iOS development on a (bad) Windows Laptop using Virtual Machine
- Played League of Legends semi-professionally in 2013-2014 (Diamond 1, 80~ lp)
- Played Overwatch semi-professionally in 2018 (Overwatch Open Division)
- Operate a small gaming community called Insanctuary
- Practiced Karate till 14 years old